The programme is for a multidisciplinary academic and research Chair:
- proposed by the Renault Foundation and Saint-Joseph University, Beirut
- for the Middle East and Gulf State countries
- to meet local and regional capacity development and reinforcement needs
- involving stakeholders from the public, private and civil society sectors
- working to contribute towards the resolution of an identified and increasing road safety problem.
The programme is to be launched at the beginning of academic year 2012-2013 for an initial duration of 5 years.